Here, this is not a post about book or writing. Hmm, this is a post about love, opppps not the romantic kind, haha. This is a post about waiting && about fate. This is a post about friend, actually about my best friend.


Some people spend their whole lives looking their significant other. That wasn’t the case with me. I met my best friend when I was a sophomore in high school- she was my first, and only, best friend. So it seems fitting, somehow, that finding my best friend would be a long, bumpy road, that it would take nearly years for me to find her.


I don’t use the term “best friend” lightly. Because I have had enough “friends” that weren’t really “Friends” at all, hnmm enough failed friendships that I now know the difference between true friends and the ones who are anything but hthat. Honestly, I haven’t been without fault, either. Most of those friends were && and still are truly lovely people. But when I was younger, I was fairly proud. I hated the thought of letting anyone see me as weak, as vulnerable. It was hard for me to let people in like REALLY let them in. And without going into too much detail, I am certain that many of those former friends now bear as many scars as I do. Sometimes, it feels as if I have left a wake of friendships behind me—friends that were lost due to fighting, or distance, or time. While some of those friendships were ending, I was told (repeatedly) that my standards of friendship were too high. That I should not expect so much from people. That I was setting myself up for disappointment.


I had grown up watching Harry Potter &&  I KNEW... I knew beyond reason, logic, that true friends like that existed in THIS world, too. & against all hope, no matter how many years passed, I knew that I’d somehow find my way to them. That somewhere out there, my best friend—my true best friend—had been waiting for me just as long as I’d been waiting for her.



So when I tell you that Mikki Nacaya is my best friend, you have to understand that I mean that in every sense of the term. She is not only my closest friend, but the BEST friend I have ever had, and the best person I have ever met. We were both girls who equally loved same stuffs..  && as it turned out, we were both girls who had secretly waited, despite perfectly nice and great friends, for that one True Friend.  But we weren’t wholly identical—not in every way. While I’m prone to eating sweets & unhealthy foods (i mean weird foods), she eats Healthy foods, i guess.. I'm talkative, she's quiet & so on... haha! The differences have made the friendship as interesting as the similarities between us. Those differences have made me grow as a person, too. I am more thoughtful,  I am stronger with her in my life.

She changed my life like so completely. That walled-up girl vanished when she walked into my life. Every barrier came crashing down. When I am happy, when I am sad, when I need someone to just listen as I have a complete meltdown, she'sthere. There are no secrets, no hidden fears. And to be able to share every burden, every triumph, every minute with a friend who truly understands…. That is a gift beyond measure.. the greatest gift I have been given in my entire life. I would have waited a thousand years for a friend like her. & if anyone ever asks if I could change anything in my past, if I regret anything, my answer will always be no, because every mistake, every failed friendship, every wrong turn, led me to my best friend.



Thank you, best friend. Thank you for making me a better person, thank you for making my world a brighter place. Thank you for being a friend worth waiting for. I’d nearly given up hope of finding my True Friend by the time you came along, and you are everything I’d dreamed you’d be. I am honored at the very core of my soul, to be walking this path with you. I can’t tell you how much I burst with pride every time I tell someone that YOU are MY best friend. I love you. You are the sister I never had and never expected. You are the sister of my heart. & no matter what happens today, or tomorrow, or in a hundred years, you will always be my best friend, and I will always be proud to call you that. And even when we are nothing but dust, I still expect to be hanging out with you on the other side.









 
Top