"Let distance be another reason to love harder."



First of all, what is long distance relationship?  - URBAN DICTIONARY define it as a strong emotional commitment to another who is far away and often beyond physical access most of the time. Well, this is something that requires a great deal of maturity and emotion. It is only ever effective in the case of lofty strong loving relationships. In many many cases people can be far too simple minded or immature to benefit from a long distance relationship. If some one is more interested in intimate physical contact with others than they are in emotional bonding than they should not and will not function in a long distance relationship. But if both partners are very serious about each other for reasons beyond physical it can be very worth it because in that situation, one may find it impossible to be satisfied with a replacement relationship.

The idea of long distance relationships, the way I see it is, if two people love and care about each other, not being with them all the time isn’t a problem at all right? When that special person is away, what do you think is going to happen? It’s going to make you miss them more. If you miss them more, you’ll talk to them more. There’s cellphones, computers, webcams.. things that make long distance relationships possible. Long distance relationships can be just as cute && romantic as a relationship that isn’t long distance. It all depends on the people involved

Before,  I told my self “I don’t want to be in a long distance relationship. Not now, not ever.” I felt they were too tough and no one could ever withstand the hardship of not being able to be with the one you love physically. I could not imagine how I would’ve managed having like that all the way in socal, or across to the eastern seaboard, or in a different continent all together. That kind of relationship must be difficult beyond what I can imagine.  Now, it makes me think about the quote "No one will ever understand a long distance relationship unless they've been in one" You know, I think it's always the ones that say 'never ever' that end up being in a long distance relationship! I'm one of those people. HAHAHA! :))

Now, I'm in a long distance relationship and fortunately this is my first LDR. I'm not going to say it's easy, but it's certainly not as hard as I thought it would be. Yeah, with my boyfriend!! We’re doing the whole long distance thing and I’m not gonna lie  that sometimes it fucking sucks. I miss him. A LOT. There are times I have cried myself to sleep. There are times I am so frustrated. But looking back at the time we've spent apart, I have to say, I don't regret going into this long distance thing with him. It's not just that he's so worth it, but also because it's given us so much.Communication, trust, commitment, love, honesty and patience have to be the biggest factors of any relationship but even more so when you're dealing with a long distance one, even more so if you're in my situation.  

No one can predict how long a relationship, long distance or not will last but i think your current feelings for a person may offer some clues about what the future holds for you. For some couples distance is a deal breaker that brings the relationship to a close ; however for others absence really does make the heart grow fonder. Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it’s for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.


My thoughts are that I find it hard but not impossible. Although I find it difficult , I find it extra special only because you truly value your other half, and you cherish every moment spent on the phone, text,cam,or  etc. The point is, yes you'll have your ups and downs but every couple goes through that and if you're willing to work at it then it will get better. You'll miss the physical aspect of being in a relationship. Not being able to cuddle whenever you want will get you sometimes but I think we know what we're getting into when we choose this, everything just comes with the territory of the relationship. At the end of the day though, it's up to the couple to make it work or not. Some people are simply too immature to be able to handle something like this or others are too needy to be away from someone for too long. Long distance relationships are not for everyone. They are hard and they are harder than a lot of things. But they are worth it in the end. 
P.S FOR YOU :)
I miss you everday. ;-(  I want to say HI to your face. I want to hug you. I want to see you laugh. I want to see your smile. I want to hold your hand & feel your fingers fill the space between mine. You know if I could, I’d throw it all away just to be with you but I can’t. Miles between us sucks. Although this is hard, I will do this.  I will do this for us. I know you're worth. You're worth every mile because just knowing that you're mine-I’m yours & knowing that you love me and i love you gets me through the day. Don't worry, I will wait until this distance is no longer between us. I love you <3




 
Top