To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
~Henri Bergson~


One of the few things I hate is when people use the excuse ‘You’ve changed’.  Change is what makes the world go around, without it life would be boring right? .Well, i think it’s impossible to move through life unchanged. Those who believe they do are either actively choosing to make that choice and therefore going against the natural flow of life, or are ignorant to the maybe minuscule changes that are slowly shaping them day by day. Either way, it’s impossible to come out of anything the same as you were. You change; little things at first, unnoticeable to the point that you don’t notice until someone else mentions it and you think, “Oh, you’re right.” Little things, that together, become a big thing, a new you. Embrace it. Let people change. It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you've known forever don't see the things the way you do.

I feel like I have done an amazing amount of growing up. I feel it! I really do ;) And in the past when I have had growth spurts they would always leave me feeling hallow and lost. But these changes have been giving me so much fulfillment in my life. Sure, I’ve lost a lot, given up even more but in return I have been finding so much beauty in life and learning so much. I feel like I am truly starting to become comfortable with who I am and really growing into who I need to be. And yeah, It feels fucking great! HAHA! 

The past year life has flown past me, just one thing after another but that doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing. I’ve learned my lesson on trying to hold onto something too tightly, sometimes you just need to relax and simply go with the flow. Trust the direction you are being nudged towards or, more like for me, thrown into.


Change may or may not be a good thing. That’s ultimately your choice by how you decide to present yourself. If you decide to fight the changes or embrace them for what they are. If they’re positive or negative changes, or if they impact more than just your own life, but someone else’s as well. They’re all little changes made by the rippling of the choices that you make. It doesn’t matter if you don’t like the person you are now. It’s good that you’re aware, but it doesn’t matter. Because you are ever changing, always morphing into something brand new.


for many people, change is more threatening than challenging. they see it as the destroyer of what is familiar and comfortable rather than the creator of what is new and exciting.


Remember, we don't have to fear change. i don’t have to fear change. What we need to fear, are things remaining the same, cause when that happens, life has stopped. If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living.  Life is an evolution. It's constantly, quietly evolving each moment into something new, something different, something that adds gracefully, beautifully, and perfectly to what was. We can trust that process with all its insight, clarity, confusion, and emotions. We can trust that process with its peace, joy, laughter, and its side trips.  Learn to honor and love the process of continual evolution and transformation. It’s how things grow. It’s how you grow. It’s how life is. 


 
Top