What if we admitted that we make each other nuts, we fight constantly, but we can’t live without each other, so we deal with it? And then we could spend our lives together — in misery, but happy to not be apart.”


— Elizabeth Gilbert
Loving and fighting are two different words, even opposing each other’s meaning. But when those two come together as one, they become different- a rather worthwhile. Our perspective on fighting is that you are finding things you do not agree on and that’s okay. It is just another way a relationship grows. We're literally fighting to grow.. I'm not a bad person because I don’t agree with you. You are not a bad person because you do not agree with me. We both come to the conclusion of our opinion based on our own personal life experience.

I have this favorite line that Noah said to Allie, 
That’s what we do, we fight! You tell me when I’m being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you’re being a pain in the ass, which you are 99% of the time. I’m not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate and you’re back doing the next pain in the ass thing. So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard and we’re gonna have to work at this everyday. But I wanna do that because I want you, I want all of you, forever, you and me, everyday.” - Noah (The Notebook)
When we love, we think of what feels right, not of what we know is righteous. We feel it in our gut that we’re doing the right thing- for the moment, for our lives, for our happiness. But you do not have to be right. If you are just focused on being right you need to check your ego. When you love someone you do not want to do or say anything to hurt them and vice versa, so winning is not the goal. The goal is hearing and trying to understand one another’s perspective on any given subject. Once you do that then you will be able to come up with a new perspective that feels comfortable for both of you. 

 Both people in the relationship deserve to be happy. Achieving that is not easy, but it is possible.

Remember if you're wrong, admit it, SAY SORRY because fighting any further would be pointless... Don't try to be sneaky and do anything out of revenge. Just because you got hurt,  whether on accident or on purpose, don't be selfish enough to avenge yourself just to see someone you love or care about in pain.. You are both coming into the relationship with a past. Now the objective is to create a future together. Stay in the moment with one another and appreciate your differences. You will eventually begin to see how much you have grown by being open to new perspectives on how to navigate your life together.



PS :
for you, you know who you are *wink* :) Its a long ride. But its worth it if I’m with you in the end. I can't promise you a perfect relationship without arguments over our differences and trust issues. However, I can promise you that as long as you're trying, I'm staying.


 
Top