2012 has been a pretty big year for us.
A pretty big and pretty great year.
So, a monthly play-by-play in pictures and bullet points has been made.
So as to remember.
- rang in the New Year in Canada
- packers played the super bowl (this is apparently a very big deal)
- my brother Peter became a husband, and provided us with a brand new sister. Yeah Peter!
- we hit a deer driving home from Canada and sadly lost our corolla in that accident, she can never be replaced :(
- we replace our old car with a brand-new-to-us hyundai elantra, we call her elli. Corolla, what corolla?
- valentines day meets Lady & the Tramp, we celebrate over a shared plate of spaghetti
- we celebrated our marriage turning five!
- anniversary staycation = snowshoeing & hot springs in the mountains
- five years just deserves to be mentioned thrice, it sounds crazy coming out of my
- commemorated St. Patty's by trying our hand at corned beef, cabbage & soda bread. A new tradition is born!
- visited South Carolina, Myrtle Beach to be exact. Bliss!
- celebrated easter with a traditional Romanian dish, sarmale & mamaliga
- built patio furniture out of old, and more importantly free, pallets
- hosted an outdoor brunch/favorite things party
- our dear friends moved very far away
- my cousin Bethany was wed
- provided the perfect excuse for my sister and niece to make their very first - short but oh so sweet - visit to our home in Logan
- Ryan's sister Rose changed her last name and we helped her celebrate with a wedding!
- we celebrate July fourth and our first-date-aversary with fireworks & pizza in the park
- camping trip(s) to porcupine reservoir with our fabulously outdoorsy and not so outdoorsy (but in a really great way) friends
- a much anticipated and most delightful birthday girls trip to Mexico with mom and sisters
- August 22 I turned the big 3-0
- hosted numerous bonfires & outdoor movie nights to celebrate
- refinished our coffee table
- Ryan went to Nevada where the boys spent a week four-wheeling through the desert
- he survived, with only a few scrapes and bruises, rolling his four-wheeler
- apple and pumpkin picking over conference weekend with littlest sister
- Ryan joined me in the thirties on the 6th
- piniata & italian in the park to celebrate his arrival
- made a visit to see my dying grandma in Canada
- hosted a pie party
- my grandma passed away
- I defended my graduate thesis to the committee
- we drove the 10 hours to Canada immediately after
- made it just in time for my grandmas funeral where I gave my first funeral tribute -- so emotional!
- I graduated with my masters degree in record time, phew!
- participated in the Main Street gingerbread house parade
- spent Christmas in Canada
- rang out 2011 in Wisconsin