2012 has been a pretty big year for us. 
A pretty big and pretty great year.
So, a monthly play-by-play in pictures and bullet points has been made.
So as to remember.


January 
  • rang in the New Year in Canada
  • packers played the super bowl (this is apparently a very big deal)

February  
  • my brother Peter became a husband, and provided us with a brand new sister. Yeah Peter!
  • we hit a deer driving home from Canada and sadly lost our corolla in that accident, she can never be replaced :(
  • we replace our old car with a brand-new-to-us hyundai elantra, we call her elli. Corolla, what corolla?
  • valentines day meets Lady & the Tramp, we celebrate over a shared plate of spaghetti

March 
  • we celebrated our marriage turning five!
  • anniversary staycation = snowshoeing & hot springs in the mountains
  • five years just deserves to be mentioned thrice, it sounds crazy coming out of my mouth keyboard
  • commemorated St. Patty's by trying our hand at corned beef, cabbage & soda bread. A new tradition is born! 

April 
  • visited South Carolina, Myrtle Beach to be exact. Bliss!
  • celebrated easter with a traditional Romanian dish, sarmale & mamaliga
  • built patio furniture out of old, and more importantly free, pallets

May 
  • hosted an outdoor brunch/favorite things party
  • our dear friends moved very far away

June 
  • my cousin Bethany was wed
  • provided the perfect excuse for my sister and niece to make their very first - short but oh so sweet - visit to our home in Logan 

July  
  • Ryan's sister Rose changed her last name and we helped her celebrate with a wedding!
  • we celebrate July fourth and our first-date-aversary with fireworks & pizza in the park
  • camping trip(s) to porcupine reservoir with our fabulously outdoorsy and not so outdoorsy (but in a really great way) friends

August  
  • a much anticipated and most delightful birthday girls trip to Mexico with mom and sisters
  • August 22 I turned the big 3-0
  • hosted numerous bonfires & outdoor movie nights to celebrate
  • refinished our coffee table

September  
  • Ryan went to Nevada where the boys spent a week four-wheeling through the desert
  • he survived, with only a few scrapes and bruises, rolling his four-wheeler

October 
  • apple and pumpkin picking over conference weekend with littlest sister
  • Ryan joined me in the thirties on the 6th
  • piniata & italian in the park to celebrate his arrival
  • made a visit to see my dying grandma in Canada
  • hosted a pie party

November 
  • my grandma passed away 
  • I defended my graduate thesis to the committee
  • we drove the 10 hours to Canada immediately after
  • made it just in time for my grandmas funeral where I gave my first funeral tribute -- so emotional!

December  
  • I graduated with my masters degree in record time, phew!
  • participated in the Main Street gingerbread house parade
  • spent Christmas in Canada
  • rang out 2011 in Wisconsin




 
Top