The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,  since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.  For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. --

Romans 1:18-20



Make me a captive Lord, and then I shall be free.  Force me to render up my sword and I shall conqueror be.  My will is not my own, til Thou has made it Thine.  If it would reach the monarch’s throne,  it must its crown resign!”

Remembering that God is sovereign while we are in the battles of life can be very difficult.  Probably the last thing you think about as you suffer in a trial is that God is working all things out for your good.  When you are overwhelmed with problems,  it takes all the strength you have to just barely whisper a prayer.
We aren’t always going to be in control of our circumstances.  There will be times when all we can do is surrender them to Christ and trust that he will work them out for our good.  It may be scary to wait in the deep water for Jesus to bring you to safety but that is exactly what you must do!  Get your eyes off of the sharks in the waters of life and the storm clouds that are brewing.   They are under the authority of God, their Master, and cannot harm you.  You may feel weary and alone in the dark sea of trouble but you are not alone and you are never without his strength!


I will trust Him. Whatever, wherever I am, I can never be thrown away. If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him; in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him; if I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. My sickness, or perplexity, or sorrow may be necessary causes of some great end, which is quite beyond us. He does nothing in vain. 
-John Henry Newman


Lord I know how slack I have been and how I have failed you after You gave me all I asked for. I know I dont deserve anything You give me. I am so sorry Lord. Everytime things go bad I promise to be better, You come through for me then I let You down. What I cant understand is how You have the patience to keep comming back to help me. Lord thank You for helping me get over this and give it up. Lord I know it is going to be hard but I know that with Your help I can do it.  It is still there slightly and I ask in the name of Your son Jesus that You perform one more miracle and take this last little throb away. Lord I dont want to even feel like that or want that anymore. I want to be a new pperson who You and my family can be prroud of. Lord I would love to be out in the fresh air and in Your creation all day and not mans but You have given me enough so I am not going to ask for You to give me anything. If You want to point me in the right direction to make sure I am doing what You want me to do and whhat glorifies You. 
God always has  a plan.  For believers, whether you are experiencing a time of peace in your life or enduring the heat of a painful struggle, you have the assurance of knowing that all things are being directed by the hand of God.  When it seems as though you are being defeated, it just means that your victory is near.  There is nothing to fear in any battle  for the war of life has already been won at the cross! Jesus has made you a conqueror over all that comes against you. For that reason,  the enemy’s tactic is to fill your mind with despair and hopelessness since he knows that you can never be destroyed.  He is attempting to kill, steal and destroy the hope you have been given in Christ.  Never surrender to him what Christ has paid a price to give you!




Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
(Psalm 37:3-5)

While we await the return of Christ, we are going to face trials of every kind.     Although you may be feeling overwhelmed in your pain,  God is always in control with full authority to bring your sufferings under submission to his will. Everything, big or small, is  being worked out for the best for those who love God and are called according to his purpose.   If you become anxious and hopeless in the midst of a trial, it is because you are listening to the lies of an enemy who has no power over you.  There will never be a need too great or a heartache so painful that the amazing, never-failing love of Christ cannot heal.  



This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD:  "Listen to the terms of this covenant and tell them to the people of Judah and to those who live in Jerusalem.  Tell them that this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Cursed is the man who does not obey the terms of this covenant--  the terms I commanded your forefathers when I brought them out of Egypt, out of the iron-smelting furnace.' I said, 'Obey me and do everything I command you, and you will be my people, and I will be your God.  Then I will fulfill the oath I swore to your forefathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey'--the land you possess today." I answered, "Amen, LORD."

-Jeremiah 11:1-5



 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.
(Psalm 46:1-3)

Remembering that God is sovereign while we are in the battles of life can be very difficult.  Probably the last thing you think about as you suffer in a trial is that God is working all things out for your good.  When you are overwhelmed with problems,  it takes all the strength you have to just barely whisper a prayer.


Lord forgive me for I know not what I do or where I want to be.
Lord You have made such a beautiful world and there is so much of it I would love to see.
Lord I ask that what You have given me and the opportunity You have given me is the right one and that they will like it here.
Lord I love You and want to thank You so much for loving me and looking after me. Thank You Amen.




 
Top