“There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life.”


We all have crossroads that we need to decide which direction to go.   Sometimes we don’t recognize that we are at a crossroad and make unaware decisions, but that issue will return and we will have to eventually face the road and choose which direction to go.    What was the last crossroad you met and do you feel good about your decision?


Being at the crossroad is about making our own decisions. It's part of our daily life. Sometimes, it's a choice on how to take care of ourselves.I feel I’m at a major crossroad in my life.  I’ve been there for a while and have been dithering with it and not standing firm with the best choice for me given where I am in my life.   I’m still holding on to the illusion that there is plenty of time.   There still may be plenty of time left in my life, yet I know that I’m in the last quarter of my life, if not sooner.    What do I want the rest of my life to look like? 


HAPPILY INLOVE


One doesn’t have to be in later years of one’s life to ask, am I traveling down the right road at this time in my life.   We all know when we have made the right choices because our life feels good.  On the other hand, if we feel disconnected because of choices we made previously, then we need to step up to the plate of our lives and look at where we are and where we want to be. 



Days go by so slowly 
They seem to never end, 
Missing him is beyond words 
You’ve lost your best friend. 

Loneliness empowers you 
The days are hard to bear, 
You go to sleep with heartbreak 
Awaken, not to find him there. 

Sometimes the hurt is not as strong 
As strong as in the past, 
The nights go by more swiftly 
Your bed seems not so vast. 

You feel guilty that the hurt is dwindling
Yet free of the grasp it holds, 
No longer a prisoner of the past 
Life is now in your control.




Why does choosing seem like a tough decision?   For me, it’s mainly about habit and loss.   Even if the tough decision will ultimately make me feel good, there is always a loss involved for me.  I’m not unique in that change creates ambivalence, loss and uncertainty.  Yet, if I was to make a decision based on what is best for me there isn’t ambivalence.  Rather, I’m deciding to take care of me in a different way.

"The loss of a lover, whether because they have passed on or for any other reason is a heartbreaking experience. Some never fully recover. There might always be a small place in your heart that holds the pain of this experience. This is natural and fine. Even when you find another person to love, it is OK to hold a place for the lover that has passed. You shared something profound together. The previous relationship that you had is not like your new relationship. Every relationship is unique and should be allowed a place in your heart." - J.A 




When the stars dance across a midnight sky, 
And the lullaby of a moon soothes me to sleep 
I will remember.
When bird song rings through a lonely forest, 
And clouds drift across an endless blue
I will remember. 
When a wishful dream becomes reality, 
And my eyes tell a story
I will remember. 
When my thoughts meander like the trickling stream,
And my heart throbs for the one I love 
I will remember you.




 
Top