Where once were these:


Now we have these:


Don't get me wrong, I love both of the pictures that used to hang here.
But the frames were so big & heavy it felt as though they were a bit much for our white walls to handle.
And I had these two black frames hanging empty upstairs in our guest room,
so I determined to put them to better use.


I bought some matt board on sale for no more than $10.
The beveled inside squares were cute for $2 a piece.
And I exacto-d the exterior at home for no charge at all.
And the frames? They've been around here for ages just waiting for a job to do.
One was a gift and the other a d.i. find for $1.
That makes a total of 13 buckaroos for brand new art and a brand new living room view!



The hardest part of this project was cleaning the glass well enough.
I kept seeing specks on the inside and had to take the whole thing apart to give it another go with the glass cleaner. I think I did that at least half a dozen times.




This frame houses a print by one of my favorite Romanian artists.
It was incredibly difficult to find any of his prints while over there, and this one was a surprise gift from a dear friend right before I left the country.
I'm so happy to finally have a prominent place to display it in our home.

And frame #2 holds a picture I have been longing for for ages.
One of my favorites from this utah artist

Confession: I couldn't find a small print for sale anywhere so I just printed it at home.
Yep, I did. And you can hardly tell.
I figure it's a place holder until I find a print for sale smaller than 15"x15".


We love them!
They look so clean and crisp against our white walls.
It's a happy & refreshing surprise to see them when I come downstairs.


 
Top